Drama in Education
Using theatre and drama in education and training for developing key competences.
ECVET points: 3.5
Teachers and trainers in primary, secondary schools, vocational education schools and organizations, adult learning providers.
Upon completion of the training course, the participant is expected to:
- Differentiate between theatre and drama in education
- Use drama in education for the development of key competences
- Design drama play for working on major social challenges and building personal competences, such as intercultural skills, tolerance, respect, self- esteem
- Design educational activities, to accompany attendance of a theatrical play
Short presentations, followed by workshops. Every day the participants will practice skills, by designing and delivering their own drama techniques for their own specific audience and purposes.
At the end of each day, there is a reflection of the day.
During the week, the participants will develop their own portfolios with activities to organize with their learners.
- Educational theatre and drama
- Contribution of drama to the development of key competences
- Working on social challenges: immigration, inclusion, violence, in equality etc
- Theatre Forum / Theatre of the oppressed
- Attending a theatre play – designing pedagogical activities
The learning material consists of presentations and support material. The learning material will be available on-line in English language.
Tuition fee: 350 euro per person
The cost includes the learning material and the certificates: Certificate of completion, Europass Certificate Supplement, Europass Mobility
Organisation fee and cultural activities: 80 euro per person (Not applicable for the courses organised in Isthmia.)
The cost includes the coffee breaks, a walking tour of Piraeus and welcome dinner and a cultural tour of Athens, visit to Archaeological sites and common dinner in Athens. The cost of local transportation and the entrance fees to sites and museums are not included.
The cost can be funded by Erasmus+ programme KA1 mobility of staff.