Develop creativity skills through creative writing, story-telling, comics, animation, digital media and video art in education.
ECVET points: 3.5
Teachers and trainers in primary, secondary schools, vocational education schools and organizations, adult learning providers.
Upon completion of the training course, the participant is expected to:
- Organize classes, projects and lessons using different learning means to enhance creativity in students
- Understand the basic concepts of creativity and creation
- Combine different techniques for developing creative lessons
- Enhance creativity skills in classroom
- Organize a creativity laboratory in school
- Examples and case studies
- Workshops and exercises facilitated by the trainer
- Introduction to creativity
- Creating with words: creative writing, story telling
- Creating with words and images: illustrated storyboards, comics
- Creating with digital media: animation, video art
- Organization of Creativity lab
The learning material consists of presentations and support material. The learning material will be available on-line in English language.
Betty Aggeletaki. Adults trainer, psychologist counselor, special education specialist.
Jean Glover. Senior training consultant, British National, 15 years experience as professional trainer of behavioural and developmental workshops.
Peny Fylaktaki. Playwright and theatre translator. She teaches translation and playwriting courses at universities. She has been awarded with the National Prize for Playwrights by the Ministry of Culture.
Polyxeni Tsopanoglou. Artist, active in the design and animation of art workshops for children, the study and realization of children's activity programs, the art direction of children's theatre. She teaches Art education for teachers and educators.
Babis Alexiadis. Animator and media artist that works between London and Athens. He works mainly with traditional animation techniques. He produces animation and film projects for interdisciplinary platforms such as theatre, site specific installations, music videos, commercials and other visual media.
Tuition fee: 350 euro per person
The cost includes the learning material and the certificates: Certificate of completion, Europass Certificate Supplement, Europass Mobility
Organisation fee and cultural activities: 80 euro per person (Not applicable for the courses organised in Isthmia.)
The cost includes the coffee breaks, a walking tour of Piraeus and welcome dinner and a cultural tour of Athens, visit to Archaeological sites and common dinner in Athens. The cost of local transportation and the entrance fees to sites and museums are not included.
The cost can be funded by Erasmus+ programme KA1 mobility of staff.
Indicative training programme
- Day 1
- Presentation of participants
Expectations from the training course
Introduction to the training course, syllabus, methodology, learning outcomes
Creativity, what is it?
Why we need creativity?
How can we be more creative?
- Day 2
- Creative with words
- Day 3
- The basic elements: colors, forms, schemes, structures
- Creating with words and pictures
- Day 4
- Creating with digital media
Stop motion animation
- Day 5
- How to organise a Creativity lab in school
- Reflexion - evaluation of the training course
- Certificates – Europass Mobility
I liked it very much!Marta, Agrupamento de Escolas de Alcanena, Portugal
The course was both stimulating and delivered with valuable content. Very pleasant, theoretical and practical in a balanced way. I could take it again. It tought us to remember to create and break routine and communicate that to our public. Creativity is a very underestimated subject although it is the fuel to everything we do and the way to always go forward.Alexandra, Agentia pentru Dezvoltare Regionala Nord-Est, Romania
I enjoyed it! Congratulations!Joao, Agrupamento de Escolas de Alcanena, Portugal
I loved the course. It made us discover a part of us that was hidden inside. We learned to make different things and improve our teaching practice.Conceição, Agrupamento de Escolas de Alcanena, Portugal